Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

New Group Run Plan

Per the comments on the Group Runs previous post I think we should split them up and each 'host' 1 event. I randomly assigned the dates so we can trade if need be. The 'host' just picks the course/theme/prize etc. I am a bit dismayed at everyone's reluctance to have any element of competition. You don't know the restraint required for me not to suggest we play for money. Yes, I know I have a disease.

My (fake) money is on Dan to be the leader (even though I promise to close my eyes for the runs and not notice who finishes first) through training. This is basically because he has the newest shoes.

I will spend training time running with all my gear (watch, HRM, ipod, sandbags etc.) as an encumbrance and for the race I'll drop it to be 16lbs. lighter and should win (win in relative sense that we are all winners and deserve medals and people waiting to give hugs at the finish).

September
Week 1 Monday 9/12 Start Training
Week 2 Sunday 9/25 4 miles >> Julio to host (that Run Roll thing though .8 miles too long looks perfect, is it too late to sign up?)
Week 3

October
Week 4 Sunday 10/9 5 miles >> Myers to host
Week 5
Week 6 Sunday 10/23 3 miles >> Sivilli to host (Hal calls for a 5K race on this day)
Week 7
Week 8 Sunday 11/6 8 miles >> Baker to host (likely do the Saguaro National Park East)

November
Week 9
Week 10 Sunday 11/20 10 miles >> Hilk to host
Week 11

December
Week 12 Sunday Run the 1/2 Marathon

Comments:
1. There is clearly a correlation to how much money you spend on gear and how fast you are. HOWEVA, you an Julio are both way above me with that PC you are running around with.

2. I am really slow and have no ambition of going fast. You should have $0 fake dollars on me.

3. My point about the competition thing was let it be whatever you want to be. The training runs don't mean anything anyway. The 1/2er, I get though.
 
Nobody is late to sign up for the 8K race. There is same day registration. I just sent in Aliena's and my registration over snail mail. I haven't received any confirmation yet, but I assume it is all good.

As for hosting the first one, I am all for it. I guess I have already selected the course, but I need a theme and a prize. Everybody (especially me) know that I am the least creative of this bunch, I am open to suggestions for those two.
 
I was totally joking about making a theme/prize.

And "not creative" Julio? Be serious. You have set the bar high with:

8K Run/Walk
3K Valvoline "Grease Your Wheels" Fun Run
HealthSouth Elite 8K Wheelchair Race

The only thing I don't know is if "Grease Your Wheels" is the theme or prize.
 
I am now registered for the 8K Run/Walk and set a goal to finish under 50 minutes. (its 4.8 miles)
 
I'll clarify the competition thing for me... I'm not competing at any point, anywhere along the way. I'm using you all as a comparison of people that don't all weigh $1.50 and are under 19, just to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. I enjoy sharing my thoughts, experiences and learning efforts with you. But I don't for one second portend that I have any chance to put forth an effort even close to competition. I just started running about 4 months ago and I'm still flabbergasted at even the concept of running for 2-3 hours nonstop. Again, my goal is to simply complete the 1/2er. Nothing else.

And I thought someone had mentioned maybe doing something other than the Run 'N' Roll thing? I'm confused now. I'm game for whatever really.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?