Sunday, October 30, 2005

 

10 Miles Down

It looks like everyone made it which is awesome. I didn't get to stay and see everyone come across and have not checked in with anyone yet. I hope everyone feels better than I do today.

Here is my Garmin data (link). I felt great for the first 5.5 and started to notice my heartrate climbing around that point. The next 2.5 I tried to slow up a bit so as not to burn out completely and the last 2 were very, very tough. Admittedly, my training has been a little lax the last few weeks and 5 is the most I have gone in a long time.

I drank a total of about 1/4 bottle of gatorade and 1 large glass of water the morning of the race from the time I got up to the time we started. I had to stop and use the port-a-potty by the Krispy Kreme about 4.5 miles in. I only took water at the first station and skipped the other 3 though I can't recall why. I felt fine as far as hydration during the race but have some symptoms that day and the next that point to being a bit dehydrated. I think I might have been coming down with something the day before the race so that could explain it also.

I took the Carboom gel stuff at 4.5 which I think helped and also the one at like 9.3 which I don't think did much and seemed awfully late in the course to be passing it out. I would have killed for some around 7.5 or 8. Next race I will definitely carry some.

I didn't have any real pain or discomfort during but my knee started to hurt like a bastard as soon as I stopped. When describing the pain to my physician/father that afternoon he merely shrugged and noted that I am "kinda bowlegged".

Mentally, I am convinced that listening to the audiobook really passes the time and keeps me from being too much in my head. My gnat-like attention span doesn't allow for such a prolonged period of a single activity. I listened to 2 hours of the super lame ninja book (that's right I am 31 years old and reading a book about ninjas) in a section in which not much ninja actually happens. Despite that, I can not image running without an audiobook.

You can search the following link for our times etc. (Julio Martinez de Andino, Chris Baker, Dan Sivilli, Kerrie Sivilli, Alienda Lopez) note that its not my mistake on A-lo's name.

13 miles is only 35 days away.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?